Old Sep 28, 2011, 07:10 AM
Find More Posts by Firepower
Firepower
North Brisbane, Australia
Joined Mar 2010
3,754 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by JoeR View Post
I assembled mine originally with the strapping tape as directed. However the tape didn't stick well and it covers up the graphics on the top. Some of the guys I fly with embedded a CF tube/rod in the wing and did not tape. Sure looks cleaner. They've had theirs for a couple years so I wanted to check this thread and see if anything better has come along. I'm kind of tired of the strapping tape look on EPP foamies.
We used to do on the Elle Bees as per the instructions, the fibre tape and then the colored tape but it made them heavy as they are bigger. My mate just did an Elle Bee with CF so that seems how people are going these days. I am always replacing the fibre tape as it looses its stick after going yellow on places like the leading and trailing edges. I do not really want to put the colored tape over it.

As GlideAngles mentioned the spray glue works to make the tape stick but still will not stop the uncovered fibre tape from going off. All of my foam planes have CF in them but some do their Swifts and MiniSwifts really light without any CF or tape. Maybe they fly sensibly which I do on the bigger planes but I like to throw these little ones around a lot. I have now worked out how to put the CF in without having a wide ugly slot.
Firepower is offline Find More Posts by Firepower
Last edited by Firepower; Sep 28, 2011 at 09:18 PM.