View Single Post
Old Sep 27, 2011, 08:59 PM
Find More Posts by Windependence
Quando Omni Flunkus Moritati
USA, MN, Rochester
Joined Mar 2008
2,840 Posts
Hello all,

I have a couple of observations I would like to share with you tonight. I have been putting along on the fuselage and playing with the servo layout. I am using a HS-85MG for the elevator and a HS-225 for the rudder. I think I am the only current builder using the pull pull rudder method and would like to share the following with you. In order for the pull pull rudder cables to clear both wing joiners your rudder servo needs to be located forward of former #3. That was the only way I was able to get the cable runs to not touch the back wing joiner. Just a heads up there. I went over to the local hobby shop and found some really nice, light weight balsa for the top sheeting. Some of the balsa I have is on the heavy/hard side, and though it makes for rugged bottom sheeting, it is a little heavy for everything.

My shop has been a little on the cold side to mix epoxy but we finally broke down and turned on the furnace for a couple of days so I will have a warmer shop and now I can get the elevator control rod tube epoxied to the fuselage. After that I can button up the fuselage.

Mike - when running the cables for the rudder, do you suggest running them parallel or should I cross them to the servo?

Last, I asked Mike for permission to post this. It is a 8.5 x 11 drawing of the Raven fuselage and wings. I printed a bunch of them for myself and colored them with crayons to get a better feel of color schemes for my build. I hope it helps all of you. I should have some pictures soon although they don't show too much. Control rod placement and fitting is hardly picture worthy.

Wayne
Windependence is offline Find More Posts by Windependence
Last edited by Windependence; Sep 27, 2011 at 09:09 PM.