View Single Post
Old Sep 27, 2011, 11:50 AM
Find More Posts by microraver
Canada, BC, Burnaby
Joined Sep 2009
105 Posts
Great job on the repairs! The SU26 was my first balsa plane. I had been flying foam for a year and decided I was good enough to fly something with a little more performance. I certainly learned my take off and landings with this one. I was heartbroken after my first crash. I didn't have a clue on how to repair it but I gave it my best shot.

I noticed the SU26 likes to break just behind the canopy on hard landings so I ended up reinforcing that section with x4 1.5 mm CF (carbon fiber) rods epoxied in. Never broke there again! I smashed the motor mount to smithereens and rebuilt it with thin plywood. I've broken the wings off numerous times and rebuilt them with depron and balsa and recovered it using packing tape! LOL! But my last crash (stalling 3 feet above the asphalt) has left it quite damaged. I'm giving to a friend who is just getting into flying. hehe. Good Luck to him.

Repairing planes to me somehow makes up for my mistakes. Like an act of atonement. Repairing other peoples planes and flying them is a gift! Great job. Your repairs look quite professional. Especially to the SU26.
microraver is offline Find More Posts by microraver