Old Sep 24, 2011, 11:31 AM
Find More Posts by Buzz
Forever WTTM Pilot #7
Daytona Beach, Florida, United States
Joined Aug 2002
14,247 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by aeronca View Post
They all come to mind now and then to me as well, Buzz. Boomer was a real mentor to me and many others when getting into electric flight and a real go-to guy, Basketcase was the innovator with fantastic ideas and flying skils, and Keith was a real gentleman always ready to assist and help. A great trio who are sadly missed...

Aeronca
We had quite a group way back then. I also forgot to mention Boomer's wife.
She spent a LOT of time behind a video camera! Boomer and I became very close after Jackie died. We emailed each other every day while he was in Hospice. His son really went out of his way to get a computer in there so we could email him. We continued that until the day he passed away. I remember spending hours on the phone with Keith during the World Tiger Moth Tour.... trying to figure out where the plane should go next. I have no words to describe Basketcase... he was my friend and mentor... I always planned to go fly with him... but I waited too long. Makes you wonder what he would think of the "new" tigermoth.

On another note.... what the heck happened to Kitty? I haven't seen her on here for a long time. She's another one that was so dedicated to the TM.
Buzz is offline Find More Posts by Buzz