Find More Posts by Tom Frank
Dance the skies...
United States, MA, Walpole
Joined Dec 2003
19,004 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by binaryclock View Post
Thank you for your reply Tom.

It does okay on bright sun, but you can still notice the vignetting. Check my channel for some UMX Beast videos and you'll see some bright days with the vignetting.
Ryan
I just viewed some bright day clips in your "Beast" video... your camera definitely has greater than normal vignetting, almost as if the lens is being partially blocked by the camera case. Take a look at the lens opening in the case. Does it look like there is a gap between the inside of the case and the plastic lens holder? If so, the lens might need to be relocated to fit flush against the inside of the case (its normally held in place by hot melt glue), or the hole in the case could be enlarged slightly in the corners and right/left edges. If the actual lens is not very near the center of the hole in the case, this, too, can cause the same increased vignetting effect, but it would be worse on one side of the video than the opposite side. The Beast video I looked at appears to have more darkening in the upper right corner than in the lower left corner. That might indicate the camera lens is off center towards the upper right side of the case when held in your hand pointing forward in the normal position for upright video. I hope this makes sense!

As I mentioned, some cameras just have more vignetting than others, even when everything is properly aligned. This has to be a hardware issue. I have one like this.
Tom Frank is online now Find More Posts by Tom Frank