Thread: Discussion E-flite Blade SR 120 Thread.
View Single Post
Old Sep 16, 2011, 11:35 PM
Find More Posts by BattleDude
High Plains Drifter...
United States, WY, Crowheart
Joined Aug 2011
5,433 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by rcphreak View Post
on how it would affect range is less power = less signal output i was just making a statement for thouse who may not have known and yes have seen planes and heli's eat dirt because of rechargables in a tx .
and im with you on lipos just can't see playing rulet with an expencive tx and a lipo that decides to grenade .
rcphreak, I am not sure about that. I dont see how lower TX voltage relates to shorter range, until the TX voltage gets to its minimum voltage. Are you sure thats the way it works? I think you may have seen planes eat the dirt because the rechargables simply didnt last long enough and dropped below the minimum TX voltage. If I was going to "the park" I think I would throw in a set of brand new alkalines, or have the capability of "refreshing" the rechargables at the park. But I have only flown at home except a couple times and have not done any charging in the field.

But I have run both types in my camera also, and the rechargables simply run out of "juice" considerably faster.

BD
BattleDude is offline Find More Posts by BattleDude
Last edited by BattleDude; Sep 17, 2011 at 08:18 AM.