View Single Post
Old Sep 14, 2011, 05:13 PM
Find More Posts by planepainter
planepainter
Mt. Juliet, TN
Joined Sep 2008
2,033 Posts
I think we experienced big sink once at the far east end of the flying range. I could not exploit the lift associated with it as I was too low and too far down wind. Even with an electric I did not want to chase that one as my eyes are just not that good. But for the most part the rest of the day had almost nothing either way. There was some small stuff I was able to join but was not gifted with any "boomers" that I could find. I was, however, very pleased with how my Aspire E flew. It was in every way comparable with my non-electric New Spirit 2 meter. It flew extremely stable with no bad habits of any kind. I compared the wings of my New Spirit and the Aspire. The Spirit wings (as I have them) weigh 2 ounces more than those of the Aspire. The Aspire is 1 inch wider in span and the wings have a thinner profile. The Aspire is 1 inch longer in the fuse from the trailing edge of the wings to the stab.I am going to do an AUW of the two planes to compare the difference. Should be interesting.....

PP
planepainter is offline Find More Posts by planepainter
Last edited by planepainter; Sep 14, 2011 at 05:33 PM.