View Single Post
Old Sep 12, 2011, 10:12 PM
Find More Posts by Gamerjoe
United States, CA, Diamond Bar
Joined Jul 2011
521 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by AlphaWhisky View Post
I`m now on the home straight with assembly of my basic Hand-launch Panther ex HK and I`m pretty much chuffed with the way it is developing....

I started on EDf`s about a year ago with a couple of Starmax models and have since then assembled a whole bunch of 50mm jets, including a couple from crash-kits.

I have read hundreds of thoudsands of posts on hundreds of posts in this thread alone. I read about 3S and 4S and 5sS and more until I`ve had that up to here ...

It may be hidden away somewhere, but nowhere have I read about decals as applied to Mr Lander`s Panther... The Starmax and J-Power decals are water-slide jobs and go on OK when you`ve had a little practise and so this morning I started on the Panther decals by dunking the first of them in a tray of nice warm water....

A little time and quite some shambles later I came to the conclusion that these decals are different.

If anyone is interested, these decals are in fact self-sticky jobs with no borders - cut and stick at your leisure...

Thanks for telling me Mr Lander...

Alan W
Yeah, the instructions are pretty sparse on any important details. They do not even show you where to place the decals, but luckily I was able to get some side and top shots of real Navy Panthers to see where they really go. It's funny because I have seen many pictures of these jets with the decals in the wrong places.
Gamerjoe is offline Find More Posts by Gamerjoe