Old Sep 11, 2011, 09:22 PM
Find More Posts by RknRusty
United States, SC, Columbia
Joined May 2010
1,382 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pinecone View Post
http://www.kittingittogether.com/

Bladder materials, Glabreathe heads, and fine thread needle valves.
I went to that site, but I couldn't find anything about bladder tanks. I can find what I need to learn about them though.

Quote:
Originally Posted by dankar04 View Post
Bladder is way to go with TD's and Sure Sarts. They are simple but are under pressure. Use hemostat to pich tubing. It takes a little practice but works easy. Or use uniflow 1 oz. Tank. You need to do some mods but its easy. I know 1/2A's are cheap but for UC biger engines/planes are way to go. A Litlle Satan with a TD .049 is a hand ful. Its to small. The Hacker is much better.
Dan
I'll start looking at tank options before I get too far along. This plane looks like it'll be a handful. The kit says use 26' lines, but that sounds too wild. Surely 30' would work. I fly 35' lines on my other planes.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jim Thomerson View Post
I have never bought a commercial tank that was plumbed to suit me. Brodak has had tank kits, and that is what I would buy if I didn't have a couple of fair size boxes of tanks...
Ammonia is not needed to soak balsa. A whisp of Simple Green will help wet the balsa, but is not necessary.
I'll check Brodak for tanks and fuel accessories.
So you think just plain water and clamp it straight until it dries?

Quote:
Originally Posted by dankar04 View Post
Rusty,
If you like to fly you need to get away from reed engines. ... Check out other forums ie: clstunt.com stunthanger.com/ mecoa.com. All have swap adds section. RC groups has by far vast amount of members. What you spend trying to make a reedy go you can get better engines. Good luck to you,Dan
Yeah, I like to fly more than anything. I like building too, but flying is the reason I do it. I'll do some reading around those forums.

Thanks everyone.
RknRusty is offline Find More Posts by RknRusty