View Single Post
Old Sep 10, 2011, 03:25 PM
Find More Posts by CD68
Chris
United States, MO, Peculiar
Joined Aug 2011
27 Posts
Question
Anyone have any of the Airfield RC brand foamies?

Hello all,
I went to a warbird fly in today at 1 of our local rc fields. 1 of the guys I fly with in my own club, who flies nitro said I should come check it out, so I did. I didn't think there would be any foamies out there so I didn't take my T-28D, grrrrr lol, of course there were. Left there drooling. Now to my question, does anyone have any of the Airfield RC brand foamies sold thru nitroplanes.com? Talkin to some of the guys out there who had them and looking them up online, they are relitively inexpensive planes for what you get, most come with functional flaps and retracts including servos. And the ones I saw like the Corsair and T-28 are bigger compared to say parkzones versions, which attracted me, but I am in the camp of you get what you pay for, so are the electronics, servos, rx, esc., motor etc. junk and need to be replaced as soon as delivered or is it good stuff? There were 2 guys there with that brand, both were pretty new planes, one said he replaced rx, other said hasnt changed anything but only had it a couple weeks. Thanks in advance for any help here, cause I like the looks of em, price just seems to good to be true, as compared to say e-flite or parkzone.

Chris
CD68 is offline Find More Posts by CD68
Last edited by CD68; Sep 10, 2011 at 03:32 PM.