View Single Post
Old Sep 10, 2011, 03:11 PM
Find More Posts by CZ10
United States, CA, Mariposa
Joined May 2011
239 Posts
I was going to suggest a uniflow for RknRsty's tank issue on his other plane. Do you know where to find one off the shelf that size? I was on a site the other day with a section on making them. But I forgot. To bookmark it... Gotta hunt it down.

The thing I remember about using hemostats was on Voodoos with Super Tigre G21 .35 fedd by a baby pacifier, which when new took quite a squeeze of the Sullivan fuel bulb to get it to fill. Then you started the ST ( running a 8 x 8 wood prop. There's something about a square prop - diameter = pitch, but I forget what it is other then fast ) on a prime with your left hand with the hemostat in your right, ready to release. If it fired, you better really hope your crew had a very good grip on the wing because it was a tremendous instantaneous burst of power when the hemostat was released.

I have the plans for the Voodoo and 2 ST .35 and 3 8 x 8 wood props. I figure that ought to be enough for me to see if I can still keep up with a 100+ mph wing... But it is going to take e a while to get up the confidence in my flying again to try. I flew TD powered Lil Satans and one Jr Satan (Veco .19BB on a pacifier) back in the day, too... They were a blast... I can still visualize flying my first LS with my first TD... I don't think I ever ran a reed valve after that, at least in CL.
CZ10 is offline Find More Posts by CZ10