View Single Post
Old Sep 09, 2011, 07:34 PM
Find More Posts by MiddleMarc
Cedar Rapids, IA
Joined Aug 2010
831 Posts
I use an old Targus notebook bag something like this:

1 central cavity and 1 big velcro pouch on the front.

I keep my DX6i in its original foam container in the central cavity and a field kit in the front velcro pouch. The field kit is in three parts:
1. Small, clear zip bag for CA glue, tape, toothpicks, etc.
2. Small, clear zip bag for small tools; screwdriver with multiple tips, needle nose pliers, scissors, etc.
3. Lipo battery "caddy"

This caddy is a separate little bag that holds my 1S batteries for Ultra Micro planes plus a 2S 750 mah, 3S 1000 mah and 3S 1300 mah for my Stryker and Easy Star planes. It means I can leave the transmitter and tools in the car but take the Lipos into work with me on a hot summer day without worrying the Lipos will get too hot in my car.

Using this shoulder bag means I can carry my field kit and still have both hands free to carry two planes out to the flying field.

I also keep misc pieces like spare props, battery checker, etc. in the many little pouches and pockets that you find in such a computer tote bag.

I keep my planes in the trunk of my VW Golf and the field kit case in the car so the heavier bag won't shift around and hurt the planes.
MiddleMarc is offline Find More Posts by MiddleMarc
Last edited by MiddleMarc; Sep 09, 2011 at 07:41 PM.