Sky Surfer - aka Bixler See Post #2 & #3 for parts & mods B4 asking
View Single Post
Sep 08, 2011
, 09:12 PM
Canton, Michigan USA
Joined Jul 2007
Originally Posted by
Mandevil, here are the motors that have been suggested throughout the posts on this forum. I believe they are all good motors, each having their own advantages & disadvantages.
The one you pick most likely will depend on how you plan to use your SS. ie to fly slower, aggressive (more payload), fast .... up to insane...
I am sure others will select their favorite from these.
1. Turnigy 2627 Brushless Outrunner Motor 4200kv at $9.99
2. Turnigy 2627 Brushless Outrunner 3800kv at $9.97
3. MicroDan 2505-2535Kv Outrunner with a 6x4 prop and use your 40A ESC.
4. This one. This is the only inrunner motor upgrade I would do. It is virtually the same as the Turnigy B2835-16 2200 we were referring to from Hobby King.
5. Hobby King has been out of the 2835-2200's , 6X4E Prop & HK 25-30A ESC
6. Turnigty 2835 2700 kv on 3 cell and 6x4 and 6x3 prop. Flew like a rocket but got way too hot.
7. 2835-3900KV brushless inrunner motor.
8. E-Flite 6 series 2000kv inrunner ($59.99), 3 cell and 6x4 prop. Love this motor.
9. Once you get around the block a few times then you may want to upgrade to a 350-500 watt motor to tear the sky up with.
Hope this helps...
Nice list. Thanks. Are these different than the list on the first few posts on page 1?