Originally Posted by mandevil
I'm readying myself for ordering parts for building my new Bixler. Unfortunately, I'm still unsure about what motor to use. The original is 2620 at 1950 kV. Since I will be ordering other stuff from Hobby King, I'd rather like to order the motor from there as well. The closest thing I found there is Turning 2826 2200 KV
, but that has Imax at 34 Amps, so I would need 40 A ESC. And the power seems to be overkill for this plane, even when it carries GoPro camera. The other suggested option is AXN FloaterJet replacement motor
, which seems about right (and has long wire leads, which is a plus).
Is there any other option, preferably orderable from Hobby King?
Mandevil, here are the motors that have been suggested throughout the posts on this forum. I believe they are all good motors, each having their own advantages & disadvantages.
The one you pick most likely will depend on how you plan to use your SS. ie to fly slower, aggressive (more payload), fast .... up to insane...
I am sure others will select their favorite from these.
1. Turnigy 2627 Brushless Outrunner Motor 4200kv at $9.99
2. Turnigy 2627 Brushless Outrunner 3800kv at $9.97
3. MicroDan 2505-2535Kv Outrunner with a 6x4 prop and use your 40A ESC.
4. This one. This is the only inrunner motor upgrade I would do. It is virtually the same as the Turnigy B2835-16 2200 we were referring to from Hobby King.
5. Hobby King has been out of the 2835-2200's , 6X4E Prop & HK 25-30A ESC
6. Turnigty 2835 2700 kv on 3 cell and 6x4 and 6x3 prop. Flew like a rocket but got way too hot.
7. 2835-3900KV brushless inrunner motor.
8. E-Flite 6 series 2000kv inrunner ($59.99), 3 cell and 6x4 prop. Love this motor.
Hope this helps...