Old Sep 02, 2011, 02:27 PM
Find More Posts by jhspring
Oh no, not again!
United States, LA, Carencro
Joined Dec 2005
5,983 Posts
Build Log
Windrider 48" Hawker Hurricane - General Build Thread

OK, mine just arrived in this afternoon's post, and it looks marvelous. Ivor says it is pretty much spot on for scale and he doesn't miss much. Thank you for another terrific model, Ming Lou

Okay, Ming Lou's original thread here: http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1210208 has a lot of good info, but it is pretty much buried under near 200 pages of largely horse manure. Now that a bunch of us actually have our grubby little mitts on the kit, it seemed appropriate to begin a build thread. I hope all the other Hurri builders will post here too.

I hope that this will be like the Windrider Dauntless thread, where people share ideas, problems and their solutions, modifications and particularly since we are running point here, what power combinations work best. If anyone has posted info in the other thread that they think will be useful here, by all means re-post it where it is easier to find. I have all my Hurricane books strewn about, trying to decide what to do first. I like Ivor's idea to build the cockpit before gluing the fuse halves together, it looks like it was designed for exactly that. Maybe Ty or Keith will make a vac-form cockpit mod for it, who knows?

Looking forward to the build and the conversations, gents.

Regards,
Jeff
jhspring is offline Find More Posts by jhspring