Thread: New Product Nine Eagles Sky Surfer.
View Single Post
Old Sep 02, 2011, 08:06 AM
Find More Posts by Chill Master
Österreich, Wien
Joined Jul 2011
14 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by artisan23 View Post
In the few videos I've seen it always seems to be flying very fast. How does it glide with power off?
Hi Artisan,

I haven't seen the mentioned videos yet (maybe you have some nice links for us?).
IMO the Sky Surfer glides quite slow and gentle and could even be suitable for an absolute beginner. But you can go faster, especially when you keep the motor running ...

Quote:
Also, I have three 360mah 2s lipos which weigh 24g. How many grams is the stock lipo?
The enclosed 1s 250mAh LiPo has 16g. I'm not sure if the enclosed Motor/ESC are designed for a 2s Lipo !?

Quote:
Would be perfect for me to fly in the field close to my house but not if it needs WOT all the time to fly.
IMO the Sky Surfer is perfect to use it "in the backyard" and wherever you wouldn't dare to use a faster, bigger or more expensive plane

When I fly the Sky Surfer, I use to climb with WOT up to approx. 80m (where it already looks kind of small and far away ) and then enjoy to glide back to my hand. Under thermal or light wind conditions, this gliding can last for some minutes - very relaxing

CM
Chill Master is offline Find More Posts by Chill Master