View Single Post
Old Sep 10, 2001, 11:22 AM
Find More Posts by Acer
Loveland, Colorado
Joined Mar 2000
1,997 Posts
Take a look at this 24 inch flying wing

Here's a couple of picks of my design of a 24 inch wing. It's cut out of blue foam using a modified MH45 airfoil. The all up weight with 3-110mah batteries, 2-hs55, and a hitec 555 reciever is 4 oz. It took me about 20 minutes to design and about 2 hours to cut the cores and complete it. Its launched by putting your middle finger between the elevons and a combination of flicking and throwing. My first flight was today and after tossing to trim it out I gave it a good throw. THIS THING ROCKETED UP TO ABOUT 90 FEET!!! It was pretty windy (about 25 m.p.h.) in the beginning and this light wing had great penetration, just like a knife throught the air. It will do about 3 barrel rolls per second and flies inverted very well. Although it was overcast the wing also had very good "Hang Time" . Any questoins or comments would be appreciated.

If you can't see the pictures cut and paste these two links in you browser. www.geocities.com/sixgunner45/2foot1.gif www.geocities.com/sixgunner45/2foot2.gif
Acer is online now Find More Posts by Acer