View Single Post
Old Aug 24, 2011, 05:31 AM
Find More Posts by dominiclange
Joined Aug 2011
8 Posts
Hello everyone, I just signed up to thank you all for posting this information, I feel it could possibly have saved me from a serious fire. I learned a lot, and it is very appreciated. Thank you again for teaching the public about this, and sharing the stories. It's incredibly helpful, and after reading the posts and links, I have decided to give Lipo a try. Safely of course.

I use nicd mostly for my rc cars, but last year I tried out niMH batteries, and liked the longer run times on them. I recently bought a used car online, and it arrived with a new Lipo battery that the previous owner never used, so I sought out some info. I like the lightweight of the Lipo, as it seems about 1/2 what the NiMH batteries are. I bought a charger with an additional add-on that makes sure that the cells get to the right voltage, and charge together evenly. As far as I understand it anyway. I also bought a lipo bag, and an alarm indicator to put on my battery while in storage (3.85v) over the winter. Just to protect it from going too low.

I feel much more confident about these batteries after reading through all the great info on Page 1 by the OP, and also all the follow-up questions, answers, and links. I'm going to follow everyones advice here. I am always careful even when charging nimhs + nicds, I keep next to them, and never overcharge, or store drained.

I know the talk seems to be mostly on heli's or planes, but the battery info goes well across the board I think.

Thank you again!
dominiclange is offline Find More Posts by dominiclange
Last edited by dominiclange; Aug 24, 2011 at 05:42 AM.