View Single Post
Old Aug 21, 2011, 05:12 AM
Find More Posts by anj4de
Bavaria, Germany
Joined Nov 2008
1,038 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Roger Lombard View Post
No big deal but surely it's a bit of a stretch putting the Tiger Moth in electric warbirds? True enough it was originally a military trainer but I don't think anyone could accuse it of spending a lot of time in combat The marque's hours as a civil sport/light aircraft in the last 60 odd years must outnumber its military hours by tens of times.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tiger_Moth

At 36" wing span against the original's 24' it's 1/8 scale if that helps with pilots.

I had started a thread over in scale electric but I'm sure not precious about that so I'll follow this one too. As a matter of interest I ordered mine on Friday morning and apart from the usual order acknowledgement and payment confrmed emails I then got three more emails yesterday reporting on the movement of my order from the JIT warehouse to the front end warehouse ready for packing and shipping. Since I ordered EMS shipping previous experience says delivery to my doorstep by next Friday, i.e, 7 days order to delivery half way round the world, is a possibility but OK I won't be upset if it takes into early the following week.

I could be wrong but I haven't spotted the DH decals on the model. In case they're not there, and for those who feel it's a nice touch to print their own waterslide here are versions to print.

1/8 scale...that great. The pilots that "foamie4live" is making are 1/8 and with a large open cockpit the detailed figure will be very visible...

cheers
Uwe
anj4de is offline Find More Posts by anj4de