View Single Post
Old Aug 20, 2011, 10:51 AM
Find More Posts by chris1379
United States, OH, Eaton
Joined May 2006
1,145 Posts
headlessagain,
Thanks. Pictures have a way of making things look better than they are sometimes.

I like your build and looked at it quite a bit before I started mine. Is the wing chord larger than the plans? I especially like the double-layer fuse. Maybe you could post the plans for it sometime. The battery hatch solves alot of issues I had. The extended length does too. Just adding that would have given me enough space to avoid cutting motor wires and it would be much easier to acheive the correct CG. Mine is about 2 in. (50mm) from the LE.

My other issue is with the prop saver. I have a 3mm motor shaft and the only prop saver I have is 5.5mm on one side and 6mm on the other. The GWS HD props are 7mm in the center. Anyone know a quick fix? I found an APC Slowfly 8x3.8 but I don't think it will work as well.

Chris

Update: Also found an APC E 8x4 but the hub is so big it hits the prop saver screws. I did manage to find a solution, however. I had some small O-rings that were about the right size but too thick. I put one on the end of a Dremel tool and spun it against an emery board until it fit. While I was at it I remembered to file a flat spot on my motor shaft for the set screws. Should be good to go.
chris1379 is online now Find More Posts by chris1379
Last edited by chris1379; Aug 20, 2011 at 05:20 PM.