View Single Post
Old Aug 20, 2011, 01:21 AM
Find More Posts by headlessagain
Reap the wild wind
Bristol,UK
Joined Feb 2007
5,290 Posts
Very clean build Chris & looking forward to your maiden flight. You will enjoy this plane.
I also wanted to use my existing lipos so enlarged and extended the fuse to allow for this. I also wanted to get some cool air into the esc and lipo compartments. This is an extract from my post on page 3.
"Just finishing a 595mm/23.5" version. I added a bit to the nose which is 95mm from le of wing.
I also added a bit of depth to the fuse and glued in a shelf under which will fit the 18-20 amp SS esc and HK Orange 2.4 ghz RX. There is plenty of room for up to a 1600 3 cell above and access is via a 2mm correx cover which will be held shut with some carbon rod inserted thru the fixed and hatch flutes. The ply motor mount has a cut out below the mount which will allow cooling air to enter both the lipo and ESC compartments"
Since my last video in the previous post, I've swapped the 6x5 for a 7x4. All I can say is WOW Talk about unlimited vertical. That's even with a 1500 3 cell on board. Instant big grin The added punch should come in handy once I've persuaded my FB to engage in some steamer combat fun
Head
headlessagain is offline Find More Posts by headlessagain