View Single Post
Old Aug 18, 2011, 02:39 PM
Find More Posts by TexasAggie
Gig 'Em!
United States, TX, College Station
Joined Nov 2010
655 Posts
Dmize: Those look very similar to the ones I bought from Hobby Lobby (check out my blog for my TwinStar build - I used this as an excuse to add more photos). 920 KV will work with an APC 8x6, 9x6, or a GWS 9x7.5.

Tips: Plan everything. I spent roughly a week planning mine out and doing various mods, all without gluing anything. Only after I had everything in place did I glue it all down, which took very little time compared to setup. If you're just planning to fly it then you won't need to modify it as extensively as I did mine, since I'm using mine as a camera platform. But you will still need some thought about the ESC location, where to run the wiring, etc. If you do a thorough planning job, you'll end up with a very clean build.

Some other tips I can give before I forget, not related to building:
-Get a Y-harness for the motors; don't expect Tx mixing to be able to keep them in sync. I tried already.
-If you have a good radio, you don't need a Y-harness for the ailerons. This will let you use spoilerons on landing approach, which will decrease your landing distance.
-Counter-rotating props are cool, but, according to others, not necessary. I have them on mine. It's a personal preference.
TexasAggie is offline Find More Posts by TexasAggie
Last edited by TexasAggie; Aug 18, 2011 at 03:11 PM.