Thread: Discussion Japanes Ball Drone.
View Single Post
Old Aug 16, 2011, 10:41 AM
Find More Posts by corocopter
Joined May 2010
436 Posts
Brandano,

Your explanation makes perfect sense, I'll agree with your observations. Thank you.

Back to the Japaneses Sphere:

Thanks to a lot of great posts by other forum members, I was able to gleam a great deal of information about the sphere that I'll post over the next few days.

In brief; I ran the patent application into several on-line translation sites, looked at the posted videos and capture some stop frames of the device in flight and on the ground.

This craft has many novel features that are worthy of further discussion on this thread.
Some of the more interesting features are the fact that this craft is intended to take-off from any surface or obstruction that it may fall into will investigating a wreckage of a building etc. Thus it has a canard configuration of the flight controls, the CG is placed at the meridian of the sphere, and it also has those very interesting perimeter flaps, that one article called spoiler. I'll post some of the claims from the patent application which is 31 pages long too. I'm short on time now, but expect this date over the next few days.

Kelly
corocopter is offline Find More Posts by corocopter