Thread: Discussion Continuing a legend
View Single Post
Old Aug 14, 2011, 07:16 PM
Find More Posts by BanjoTX
United States, TX, Harker Heights
Joined Jul 2007
197 Posts
Edalpope...
Bummers... I know how the loss feels I've owned a pronto every since 1978.. gosh over half a dozen I guess i the 33 yrs... I always gave one away and started another shortly after...
Build both wings.. then ya'll have the best of both worlds

Banjo

Quote:
Originally Posted by edalpoe View Post
Earlier in this thread I posted pictures of my current Pronto and previous Pronto. Yesterday at the flying field I was involved in a mid-air and Pronto #2 is no more. The pictures show what we are able to find. The good news is that all the radio equipment was found and seems fine and the wing appears to have only minor damage. The bad news is the front of the plane turned into confetti and the engine (Magnum .15), fuel tank and fearless pilot figure were lost in field of acorn squash plants. After a decade and a half of service the plane went down flying as all great planes should, I've got no complaints.

I'll salvage what I can from the wreck and put it aside for Pronto #3. It looks like I'll have an extra building project for the coming winter. I've got a OS 25 FP and a Thunder Tiger .15 GP available but I'm leaning towards the .25 and maybe making a second wing with ailerons .. decisions decisions

Mark
BanjoTX is offline Find More Posts by BanjoTX