Old Aug 13, 2011, 01:52 PM
Find More Posts by Tom Frank
Dance the skies...
United States, MA, Walpole
Joined Dec 2003
19,007 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by reptor View Post
Wow, I missed that; Try work ok, but why in Avidemux video "lagging"? I have installed all codec, just when press play "lag", after save it(export) video play normal. Even if I open original video in WMP play normal.(.mov)
The lagging is not a codec issue by itself. I don't get any lagging video when play the native .mov files from within AviDemux, but I do get a slightly garbled audio! Being an editor, AviDemux is doing a lot more with the video than a simple player would need to do when just playing the file, e.g. things like splitting audio track from the video (for possible re-encoding), buffering the original so any filters applied can be shown in both before/after video windows during playback, etc., etc. This all takes extra memory and time to do the data transfer. If your computer does not have enough speed and memory to do this in real time, you get lagging during the playback in the editor. Once the video is reassembled and saved, a simple player only has to decode and spit out the video and audio streams... much less taxing on the computer resources. I have a pretty high powered computer, so that is why I don't get any video lag when playing the video in the editor, I think.
Tom Frank is offline Find More Posts by Tom Frank