Old Aug 12, 2011, 08:16 PM
Find More Posts by Tom Frank
Dance the skies...
United States, MA, Walpole
Joined Dec 2003
18,993 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by jackerbes View Post
I notice that hxelepro360 is listing a #11 with a "72 degree view", that would be a bit more than than has been mentioned (without an auxiliary lens) from the past testing. I searched the thread for info on that and don't find any. Does anyone know anything about it? I didn't see any mention at ChuckLohr either.

I was curious if that angle might have a little bit of "fisheye" look to it. Or if there have been any other quality issues with it.

Thanks for any help,

Jack
I've not heard or seen any video from one of those, and I wonder if it is really a different lens! We measure the AOV to be about 58.2deg. early in the thread based on the corner-to-corner distance of the image captured in a video frame and the distance of the camera from the object. But this is not necessarily the AOV published for a lens. Realistically, the lens AOV has to be bigger than the frame corner-to-corner distance by a good margin to keep vignetting minimized. I don't think there would be any significant fisheye effect with a 72 deg. AOV lens.

If any one has one of these "72 deg." versions, maybe you can post a video and comment on it? A wider AOV should reduce the vignetting we see with all the current videos posted here.
Tom Frank is online now Find More Posts by Tom Frank