Old Aug 12, 2011, 04:54 PM
Find More Posts by Tom Frank
Dance the skies...
United States, MA, Walpole
Joined Dec 2003
18,993 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by e_lm_70 View Post
Just wandering if my video quality could be improved if I update the firmware of my #11

Here is my 1st video posted on youtube ... done some time ago ... but not in the 2009

Tchuss

e_lm_70

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Xxamn8RDOwo

ps: I do direct streaming (no re-encoding) in all the processing ... actually I save the .MOV into AVI from VLC, and then I used VirtualDubMOD for convert into .mkv (this format is finally playable on my Samsung LE B6xx) as well via VirtualDubMOD I just crop the central part of the video, cutting the switch on and switch off phase that are quite booring ...
What firmware does it now have? Have you updated it at all? If not, when did you get the camera. The best software is available for download in the link in post #3. Depending on what firmware you have, it might have some slight exposure improvements. It may not be all that noticeable, but it certainly won't make it worse.

BTW, If all you need to do is trim and repackage into .mkv container, you can do that with a direct copy using AviDemux editor, which imports the .MOV file directly and outputs in .mkv directly. MUCH easier than what you are currently doing.
Tom Frank is online now Find More Posts by Tom Frank