Find More Posts by aerosoardude
Its not that windy...
United States, CA, PORTER RANCH
Joined May 2007
1,164 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by telos81 View Post
Cool!!

I just did that and it works great! (I love the servo monitor screen don't even have to turn on the plane!)

Although, what is the offset? I'm not sure what that means?...
It tilts the ailerons a little bit before hand like trim, it's not really necessary, but I saw that it helped me hit all the end points. Play with it yourself, it might help, it might not, it definitely isn't a required thing.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DoomsDay View Post
My maiden was much easier. It wasn't my first 4ch plane so it actually was pretty easy.
1. Perform checks
2. very short rog and up high fast.
3. Trimmed the plane out
4. big grin on my face
5 started doing touch and goes
6. nice smooth landing (rare as there is usually wind)

Next flights were pretty much the same except nice long full power take offs. You could litterly not touch anything other than full power and it would lift about 2 inches off the ground and stay on that heading till you did something. Best taxi and touch and go plane ever! The only thing I had that was easier than that was my old gws tiger moth. you could cut the power completely to it and glide it to the landing spot with no worries of tip stalls ever. But of course, it was a 3ch plane. To me the t-28 is without a doubt, the best aileron trainer on the market today!
I had pretty much the same experience, between my learning on my full-size T-28 and crashing the 4-site more times than I can count, all that was different this time was the size and speed.

What's kind of annoying for me though is that I can't fly it unless there's direct sunlight to reflect against the plane. Without the sun, the contrast between the bottom and the top colors isn't all that different. I almost crashed quite a few times, of course, this was almost
aerosoardude is offline Find More Posts by aerosoardude
Last edited by aerosoardude; Aug 10, 2011 at 06:30 PM. Reason: Extended post