View Single Post
Old Aug 09, 2011, 04:22 AM
Find More Posts by bleary
Cookie Monster
Australia, QLD, Diddillibah
Joined Aug 2005
1,357 Posts
Well mine arrived today in around a week in excellent condition.
First impressions-the structure is very stiff,there is copious amounts of Carbon within the fuse,wings and the tail,including the rudder,which is often overlooked.
It is a big foamy,should have a good presence in the air.
All the "bits" are included and they are good quality,horns,pushrods,EZ links,wheels etc.
The fit is excellent,everything fits together nice and straight and tight.

Now the "build" if you can call it that involves hinging the surfaces and glueing the horizontal stab.The hinges are allready glued into the control surfaces and slots are allready cut(except for the rudder)
I did strike a small hiccup with the ailerons as the slot was not deep enough for the hinge and there was solid structure behind the slot area,no drama as I just trimmed the hinges slightly to make them seat well.
The only other small drama was with the supplied motor mount not quite lining up with the predrilled holes in the motor mount,solved by a slighly smaller X mount I had which I mounted to the supplied motor.(I could have easily just drilled some more holes,but I tried another X mount and it fitted!)

I am still waiting for servos and ESC (MG14's(recomended by Groovejet) and a 40 amp Turnigy guard from HC)

The only other question mark in my mind is the amount of right thrust,easy enough to adjust,will fly first to see how it goes.

This kit is awesome value,compared to my SniperX2,the construction and stiffness is miles ahead.I am not sure that there is better made big 3D foamie out there,I'm very happy so far.
I also got a free 13x6.5 prop when I ordered cos I asked for a "present"
Nice job Max at Bestvaluerc.

Couple of photos.
Cheers,
Bleary
bleary is offline Find More Posts by bleary
Last edited by bleary; Aug 09, 2011 at 07:15 AM. Reason: spelin