Old Aug 07, 2011, 01:04 PM
Find More Posts by waynemia
A trail of smoke is GOOD!
USA, TX, Springtown
Joined May 2008
7,233 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by DaOldGuy View Post
I ordered the G5.5 upgrade today, how many have that version?
I do.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaOldGuy View Post
One of our local club guys has a UCanDo with a Saito 100. The way the fuel tank is placed in the plane, it just constantly is filling the cylinder with fuel, it wont run right, it has been ugly. Anyone fight this battle? He is thinking he will need to buy a regulator for it to sort this out.

Thoughts?
My UCD 60 had a Saito 1.25, no problem. You can try looping the fuel feed line up to try and stop some siphoning.

Quote:
Originally Posted by kerwin50 View Post
Mike the BoneDoc has a video on landing 3D planes. He says less elev more throttle when you want your wheels to touch the runway. Another guy mixes 3% down elev with low throttle. That is how they reccomend landing a tailheavy 3D plane.

Well I'm hoping to go flying laters today though all I've got running is is my tigermoth 400. I've been so busy with the grandboys I havn't had a chance to repair my MX's motor box. I bought a 110cc mini Quad for my 12 year old grandson for 200 dollars and we spent the day working on it an riding it, Once again I was out past midnight.
I was wondering what plane that was??

I wind up setting most of my planes at the rear of the recommended range. That does not always get my flat spins as flat as I like. Some planes don't like to make really flat, tight spins. I have been successful improving flat spins with elevator -> flaperon mixes (on a switch of course).
waynemia is offline Find More Posts by waynemia