Thread: Discussion Walkera V400D02
View Single Post
Old Aug 07, 2011, 01:20 AM
Find More Posts by navigator2011
Folding Spacetime
United States, CA, Fullerton
Joined Jul 2011
2,040 Posts
To be more specific, I set the throttle curve to be 20% at mid stick. The pitch is about +5 degrees at mid stick. At this setting, I have a bit more power than I had with the stock motor. For now, it seems good for my level of flying experience.

I took off the blades, disconnected the tail motor, and spooled up the main motor in my hand to operating speed for about 5 minutes . . . no popping effect occurred. This makes me think the popping effect has to do with the tail. So, then, I reconnected the tail motor, and did the spool up again. Still no popping effect--the Alpha 400 runs great. After spooling down, I did notice that the mesh on my tail was pretty loose, so I inspected all the teeth on the tail gear. There are a couple that look a very little bit scuffed (I needed a magnifying glass to see this). It is hard to imagine that the tail could have skipped over a couple of teeth, but the evidence seems to suggest that maybe this happened. At any rate, I tightened the tail mesh, and look forward to testing in the air tomorrow. Here's hoping . . . but if it still acts up, then maybe I'll have to consider the Tail Mix setting on the Rx.

Thanks for all your help, guys.
navigator2011 is offline Find More Posts by navigator2011