Thread: Discussion Walkera V400D02
View Single Post
Old Aug 05, 2011, 12:29 PM
Find More Posts by Heli Biggie
They call me plan B
United States, GA, Covington
Joined Mar 2011
2,570 Posts
So the programer is for the esc. Do i have to have it? Do i need one if i get the rtf kit?

Quote:
Originally Posted by navigator2011 View Post
Hi Heli Biggie, you don't "need" to go brushless. Plenty of people stick with the stock motor(s). At first, I went brushless just for the greater reliability that is so often discussed. At that time, however, I was still using the 2603 Tx and I could not tone down the motor RPMs. I found the motor to be just too fast for me, and so I went back to a new stock motor.

With the stock motor installed, immediately I was missing the better performance of the brushless (I know, I am fickle). And, the new stock motor started acting like it was about to die right from the 5th or so flight. I eventually pulled the trigger on a 2801, and then resolved to do a better job than before of installing my brushless and setting up the Tx. Just yesterday, I performed the maiden flight on the brushless with the new 2801--24 hours later, and I am still smiling about it.

Perhaps I am misunderstanding your question, but I did not need any type of programmer for the 2801. I did get the programming card for the brushless ESC, however--I seriously recommend you do this if you do go brushless.
Heli Biggie is offline Find More Posts by Heli Biggie
RCG Plus Member