View Single Post
Old Jul 28, 2011, 09:51 PM
Find More Posts by lestingoy
Lee Estingoy
Overland Park, Kansas, United States
Joined May 2003
723 Posts
Hi Guys,

Please bear with us, there are no nefarious plans at work here. We are trying to accomplish the modifications to many thousands of controllers without crashing the company itself.

We are trying to set up our processes such that we can modify and replace controllers as quickly as possible while ensuring that what goes out has been properly manufactured and tested. For rather obvious reasons (the parts costs on these products are not insignificant) we do plan to refurbish as many as we can.

We will do our best to provide a means for those of you who will be attending IRCHA to either pickup (if you have mailed yours in and we can't get it turned around in time for mail delivery before IRCHA) your controllers there or outright turn them in and walk away with a modded one at that point. Keep in mind that posts on RCG using AVATARS will NOT result in anyone here in KS telepathically identifying the real identity of the owner of the incoming controller and changing the delivery method to accommodate the travel plans of the consumer.

We cannot get into a detailed discussion of the changes to the controller primarily because we don't want to start anything wherein users are dissecting their controllers looking for differences in the components being used. We routinely swap components of equal specification as availability and pricing require.

The "pecking order" of the controllers being shipped out is primarily a function of meeting our delivery commitments to corporate customers. There are controllers currently in the pipeline for them and they will need to stay dedicated to those customers.

I believe I saw somewhere that somebody is quoting a 6 week turn around period. That would be absolute worst case. I honestly believe we'll be able to do much better than that.

So, again, thanks in advance for your patience.

Lee
lestingoy is offline Find More Posts by lestingoy