View Single Post
Old Jul 27, 2011, 06:26 PM
Find More Posts by Marvinrobot1510
Joined May 2011
13 Posts
[QUOTE=Herb;18878857]Hi Marvin, I think you are using exactly the same ESC as I am (see pics), mine's called K-Force...

Any minimal amount of airflow is much better than none ... If it makes you feel better you can just make a nice round hole or two, 1cm or less diam, close to where the esc cooling fins are located ?

Cutting a huge chunk of ducting out (and weakening the duct in the process) to put that monster esc in the airflow is silly overkill imo.

H i Herb, I was looking to place the ESC flat (in relation to the wing) and cut 2 5mm slots about 25 mm long in each duct, reinforcing the duct with thin ply around the slot. I would then put a shroud over the ESC cooling fins to direct the air. I was not intending on putting the ESC into the ducting as you quite rightly pointed out the ducted is not strong enough.

I have left the nose area open so air can still get in I just want a bit of forced cooling for peace of mind, it beats wasting energy by sticking a fan ontop of the ESC when you have a really big one at the back.
Marvinrobot1510 is offline Find More Posts by Marvinrobot1510