View Single Post
Old Jul 26, 2011, 09:55 PM
Find More Posts by dilberto
Human Being
Joined Jun 2011
1,435 Posts
that's too bad about the servo issue, and unfortunately when one part goes bad, many end up needing to be replaced I might look into upgrading my servos to the hitec before they go out on me (tryin to learn from your mistakes, as i hope people learn from mine...)

for me though, i've had a great heli day I had a rock solid hover in my garage tonight with the v450pro Once i replaced the main shaft and the feathering shaft after my severe blade strike when setting up, I started again to hover and it did ummm ok. It still seemed to want to wobble, and i noticed when it started wobbling it amplified itself to an uncontrollable mess, so i needed to land quickly (good reflexes combo'ed with reeeaaaalllly not wanting to crash my heli again did me well tonight). Since I knew everything should be straight enough with new parts (and i could see blade tracking was excellent), i started messing with the gyro settings. I tried little by little, but in the end, turning the gyro potentiometers (little screw looking things) on the rx all the way down ended up being the best. I tried with tail d. and bal d. up half way but couldn't tell much of a difference so i turned them back down. When everything was turned down, and I had the rx ziptied in real tight, she seemed to hover wonderfully can't wait to take her out to the park in daylight

fyi for anybody with this rx, the + and - sign may not be that intuitive. I found that Negative ( - )is CounterClockWise, and Positive ( + ) is Clockwise. Another way of saying that is if you line up the flathead screw slot so that it sits right between the + and - , then you would want to look where the + and - are real close to each other, and that's the direction you need to turn the knob.
dilberto is offline Find More Posts by dilberto