View Single Post
Old Jul 26, 2011, 08:46 AM
Find More Posts by PLMS
Martin - AKA mr.sneezy
Joined May 2004
1,702 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by rob.thomson View Post
In time, the tiny LCD looks like it is going to be updated, and this will be the route you will need to take. Essentially, a separate LCD to view the telemetry data. I would personally wait for the system to get a proper case before you worry about buying it. The plastic tape version is a bit rubbish!
Rob
Guys the small FDD (or FLD-01 or LCD-FDD_Lite) unit seems at closer look to be purely intended for use as a toolbox field programmer. It does not (at this stage) save the values you set on it for the voltage dividers, meaning that each time you use it you need to set Ain1 and Ain2 again to read the real battery voltages in the model.
It does save the alarm values to the DJT or DFT modules though, just like the PC software does (it's intended function).

So yes, you can use it to display the voltage telemetry, but you will need to set it the divider ratio at every power up. Hope that makes sense.

I think the intention is that if you want proper full time telemetry display, you buy the DHT-U unit.
If I hear of find anything different to what I've just said I will update the post.
Martin

Edit 27/07/11: It seems that there will be another device coming soon to plug into the DFT and DJT modules that will give all the Hub info.
PLMS is offline Find More Posts by PLMS
Last edited by PLMS; Jul 27, 2011 at 08:20 AM. Reason: New info