F18
Find More Posts by F18
F18
United States, MA, Onset
Joined Apr 2008
233 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by aracer View Post
Has anybody else lost a magnet off the nosecone, and what did you replace it with? Can you get spare magnets, or is there some other way of holding it on (or should I just get a new nose, given the crash which resulted in the lost magnet also broke off the last couple of guns)?

Also any suggestions on restoring the original shape of the foam the nosecone sits on - the lower bit's got a bit crushed, so the nosecone no longer sits properly?
Replacement Magnets can be easily made out of the flexible magnet sheet used for "refrigerator magnet" / magnetic business cards. Just cut a small square of that and glue/tape it on......it might be a little thicker than the original magnet but it works.

I steam out crumples in the foam using a small pot or frying pan. I tilt the lid so steam escapes on one side and washes over the part of the fueslage I am repairing. If the foam gets too hot it will pop/expand the surface beads creating an "orange peel" effect on the surface (almost like some paints that dry/cure to fast) So steam it gradually until it fits the front nose cone again.

Hope that helps
F18 is offline Find More Posts by F18
Last edited by F18; Jul 23, 2011 at 01:55 PM.