View Single Post
Old Jul 20, 2011, 02:12 PM
Find More Posts by Alan Hahn
Chicago 'burbs
Joined May 2006
1,730 Posts
Just looking over the V4 Altimeter and was wondering about its time response. In otherwords, to get the 1 foot resolution, how fast does the sensor respond to altitude changes? I am not talking about the data recording rate, that is fine, but if the sensor value is from the previous second in time, then that would be a problem.

My application is a bit specific ----I fly control line planes where the maneuvering is abrupt, and the altitude varies between 3 to about 65-70 feet max. I try to correlate the altitude to power levels into the engine (and rpm) and so was a little worried that there might be a delay (due to averaging or filtering in the sensor itself. This would make it hard to compare two different readings. The time scales that interest me are in the 0.1 to 0.2 second range, where I would expect the altitude to change by values in the 1 to 3 foot range.

Thanks...Also interested in the new 3 Axis accelerometer for the same application, and have similar questions about its time response.
Alan Hahn is offline Find More Posts by Alan Hahn