Old Jul 19, 2011, 09:59 AM
Find More Posts by MikeC47
Growing up is overrated
Bellevue, WA, USA
Joined Nov 2009
317 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by dhaizli View Post
Mike, how difficult is it to connect the wings on the P2k? I know it took awhile to connect them on the RPro (due to fishing the servo leads into the fuse).

I'm wondering if I put the RPro motor/esc into P2k and use my two PKZ 3s 2200mah...?

Thanks for the input all...
Hi dhaizli
It is a process, but not bad. I canít fit the full wing in my car, so I have to separate the two halves each time I go fly. They slip together over a carbon fiber shaft, and they are joined by a plywood piece and 4 wood screws. Then the servo wires are connected, and the wing is then bolted to the top of the fuselage with 4 screws.
I think I saw a post where someone put a 35mm diameter motor in the Phoenix, which is what I think is in the Radian, but you should check to see. I seem to remember that this installation was quite nose heavy, but you should look over the thread to be sure. The motor that comes with the ARF Phoenix is 28mm, and as an upgrade, most people seem to be going with a 2836-1000.
I have been using some 1800 3S batteries, the 2200 should work fine, just a little heaver.
Mike
MikeC47 is offline Find More Posts by MikeC47