View Single Post
Old Jul 17, 2011, 04:40 AM
Find More Posts by chuckf
Stansted UK
Joined May 2007
132 Posts
New Product
Nine Eagles Sky Climber

Yesterday I purchased a Nine Eagles Sky Climber electric glider from my local Hobbystores.

I could not resist this model, it's good looks and great price of 89.00 means that I can have a cheap soaring fix!

The model is of excellent quality. The wings are retained using a carbon spar. Two plastic clips fit into slots in the underside of each wing to hold the spar and wings in place, this makes removing the wings a breeze.

The wing servos fit nicely into plastic clips and are then retained by screws with large washers.

The horizontal stabilizer is held on with one screw. The model features a magnetic hatch on the underside of the fuselage, I am a little confused because there is a battery retaining strap in the cockpit. This hatch could be used to access the RX and wiring, a nice touch!

The manual is poor however, a beginner will have this glider together in no time. The clevis connectors are cheap and it might be an idea to replace them.

The motor was a little fiddly to mount due to lack of space in the front fuselage. The prop adapter has two grub screws to hold the adapter in place.

I have found an amusing video on YouTube made by the Silly Fokkers reviewing this glider.

Nine Eagles SKY CLIMBER (5 min 25 sec)

Specifications.........

2008mm Wing Span
Overall Length 1210mm
Flying Weight: 950g+20g
motor 2835 1050KV
ESC 30amp
Battery, 11.1V

I will let you know the results of my flight testing as soon as I can get to the field.

I intend to remove the decals, they peel off without damage. I will fit a clear transparent canopy fabricated from plastic card and a cockpit with a HobbyKing glider pilot which I have ordered. These finishing touches will really round off this model.

Look fwd to flying in some thermals.....

Charlie
chuckf is offline Find More Posts by chuckf