Thread: Discussion Dynam Turbo Jet
View Single Post
Old Jul 16, 2011, 09:21 PM
Find More Posts by xmech2k
United States, CA, San Diego
Joined Jun 2007
2,506 Posts
Regarding the fans, this is my first EDF, but I learned a couple of things. One was that the duct around them can be deformed easily as they are very flexible, and just removing and reinstalling one of my fans fixed it's rub. The other fan, I could see was not centered in the duct. I figured the holes for the motor mount screws were off center in the duct assy, turned out the threaded holes in the motor were off center! So I wallerred out the holes in the mount by calibrated eyeball, and it's OK now.

I found the fans seem to fit perfectly on my Top Flite Precision Magnetic Balancer, but I haven't done it yet, just fit checked on a fan I damaged trying to remove earlier.

So on another subject, does anyone have any documentation on the ESC's? I got my 3rd flight in today, and still have no idea if I screw up and run the battery down, will it just go till the battery explodes, kill the motors, pulse the motors, etc....??? I must confess, I don't even have the names off them to search the net... Guess I should pop the wing off and see.
xmech2k is offline Find More Posts by xmech2k