Find More Posts by Tom Frank
Dance the skies...
United States, MA, Walpole
Joined Dec 2003
19,010 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by JumpySticks View Post
Tom,
Tested same as last time with the charge cable....1-50 minute file and 1-11 minute file. This time however no sound issues prior to the end of the 11 minute file.

If I understand correctly, as per the link on post 3, the charge cable must be modified in order to record continuously beyond normal battery life? Cannot be done with the standard cables provided.
You must be referring to standard "generic" USB charger cables. The car charger cables that come with the #11 cameras are not standard, and already configured with the proper pinouts for continuous (multiple timed or 4GB limited) recording cycles. But the car charger that comes with the small #11 works as it should with the special plug pinouts, and the jumbo is is supposed to be functionally identical, so it should work.

But your test sounds like the camera is not being powered by your car charger cable at all. Does your charge indicator LED light up when you plug in the car charger with the camera turned off to confirm it's getting power from the car?

I don't have a Jumbo myself to do any testing. Has any one with a Jumbo done any car charging recording with any of the other three Rel 2 firmware? Maybe someone with a Jumbo that does not have the 50 min. S/S/C firmware in it can see if they can record until the card fills up (or 4GB limit is reached?)
Tom Frank is offline Find More Posts by Tom Frank
Last edited by Tom Frank; Jul 16, 2011 at 06:44 PM.