View Single Post
Old Jul 16, 2011, 10:33 AM
Find More Posts by Jonathan Bradbury
Occasional useful idiot...
Joined Nov 2009
1,414 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chas View Post
The bottom of the tank is where the water will be.
Just to expand on this as I am considering a blown fuel tank to help draw fuel from 70mm below the spray bar centre line in my application, I went to 'The Shed' to test.

Using 3cc of Model Technics D1000 and 2cc of hot water with a sprinkle of instant coffee to use as a water dye, here is a picture of the test result inside a 5cc syringe. I apologise for the out of focus result, sadly photography amongst other things is not one of my strong suits.

Name: 021.jpg
Views: 74
Size: 127.4 KB
Description:

As you can see, there is nearly 2cc of water at the bottom which readily formed and settled, a smidge of 'froth' (the combination of which looks like a great pint of traditional hand pulled ale) then the diesel fuel on top.

Here is why I am looking at pressure blown fuel tanks. I may be able to raise the tank above the spray bar height but lack of space dictates it is better as is if possible. There is NO possibility of a conventional aeroplane fuel tank layout with this. Just no space!

Name: 022.jpg
Views: 83
Size: 229.8 KB
Description:
Jonathan Bradbury is offline Find More Posts by Jonathan Bradbury
Last edited by Jonathan Bradbury; Jul 16, 2011 at 11:01 AM. Reason: rubishh sppelin