View Single Post
Old Jul 15, 2011, 05:36 PM
Find More Posts by starhubber
Singapore, Singapore
Joined Jul 2011
16 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tom Frank View Post
I'm trying to keep the firmware designations as Release 1 (Rel1, the original versions, now obsolete) and Release 2 (Rel2, the current versions). There are several version of Rel 2 firmware available, and all the #11 (small and jumbo) run the same firmware.

Release 2 firmware versions are available for download with descriptions of what they do via the link in the FAQs in post #3. So I don't know what you are asking about. There is no special firmware that works on just one version that I am aware of. All of the cameras currently being shipped (original and jumbo size) are running Rel 2 firmware to my knowledge.
When I approached Diana for a cam, 50S/S/C firmware was not made known to me. The default firmware that the manufacturer would load was the Rel 2 4Gb continuous without date/time stamp. I needed the date/time stamp feature so I've asked her whether she would be able to load 20S/S/C firmware. She said it was not possible.

If you are using this cam as a car dvr, the firmware with 50S/S/C will suit the bill. You do not need a jumbo since the cam is connected to car charger.
starhubber is offline Find More Posts by starhubber