The mount is 1/8 ply, one piece flat where the pod used to be, and one piece vertical on back of the pod. The two pieces are glued to each other and to the foam with epoxy. There are two balsa filler pieces to try to cut turbulence a bit. I'm sure you and others can do better, maybe in carbon (would look good too) but this works and I have hung motors on back or in front of the ply. You can see the original chunk I took out of the pod, I took out an additional 1/2in when I put this motor
It depends how you want to fly. I have low throws with reinforced hinges for speed, but others may choose a light weight setup with max throws and be happy.