View Single Post
Old Jul 14, 2011, 08:40 AM
Find More Posts by telos81
United States, CT, Glastonbury Center
Joined May 2007
1,441 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by RealGambler View Post
The Basic doesn't come with the charger, the four AA batteries (that's a decent cost), but the main thing is the fact that it doesn't come with a 1S battery either (which cost $10 @ HH). I think the guys were talking about removing only the charger and AA batteries....

The Extra is mostly an indoor airplane (but you can fly it outdoor if there's NO wind). It's very slow, and if you don't use full rates to start with, it's kind of tame, since it can fly almost as slow as a Parkzone Vapor! Biggest difference between most other UMs is the fact that you do have to use the rudder way more though. (You can fly most UMs without using the rudder, but not this one the Extra or the 4-Site).
thanks for the tips! this advice definitely points me back towards the Pole Cat.

and for clarity: i certainly don't need more 1Cell Lipos - and i think that's the general consensus ... most of us don't even prefer the lipos they ship with (hyperion for the win!). so i'd be happy to buy a "basic BNF" which doesn't have the battery
telos81 is offline Find More Posts by telos81