View Single Post
Old Jul 12, 2011, 11:48 PM
Find More Posts by Mick Molloy
MINE!
Australia, VIC, Point Cook
Joined Jul 2003
3,219 Posts
quick stepin again for Mick, as he's on holidays.

D1 submission is a total of 6 pages - how you use those 6 pages is up to you. I believe it's due shortly, so I'm hoping many teams are well on their way to finalising their D1 submissions.

As for the other questions, I have copied these to all the tech committee members, and we are hoping to publish a response in the next couple of days. In the meantime, any other questions, please post them.

Update:

An updated version of the rules will be posted to the outback challenge website very soon (am hoping in the next day). I would strongly recommend that teams direct their attention to the failsafe section(s). One to take particular notice of : Once flight termination has been activate it is not allowed to be overridden by any means. This includes, all modes, Autonomous and Manual. We have split up slightly the failsafes explained for autonomous and manual modes to minimise misinterpretations.

Also, the option has always existed since the first competition many years ago, that teams are welcome to propose alternate flight termination systems (as required or necessary as per Section 5.6.1).

Cheers

Mark
Mick Molloy is offline Find More Posts by Mick Molloy
Last edited by Mick Molloy; Jul 18, 2011 at 05:30 AM. Reason: update