Thread: Cool Concept Xtreme 2
View Single Post
Old Jul 12, 2011, 10:56 AM
Find More Posts by FLY F3B
or F, J, K, or even TD
Joined Jun 2007
2,981 Posts
Well, I just have to post an update for those interested in Roland's Concept Gliders, specifically the CX2.

The CX2 was used by a few people in this year's first ever F3K World Champs. Roland Sommer, the designer and manufacturer even competed in the event for team Taiwan. I am sure Roland will share some of his experiences with us when he makes it home and gets a chance to relax a bit. He has been so completely consumed by producing CX2s for guys that would be flying them at the WC's that he hasn't had time to rest in the last few months. Again, he can elaborate.

What I want to mention is that the Concept Extreme 2 was flown exclusively by George Morris, and on two occasions by Joe Wurts the F3K World Champion. Selfishly, it makes me feel good that these guys share my level of commitment to the CX2. As soon as I had an opportunity to fly the CX2, I knew this was a world class glider. Looking back at the results of last week's World Champs, I am satisfied that I was fairly accurate in my assessment.

A really huge congratulations are due the winners of this prestigous contest as well as all those who participated.

Here, in this thread, I would like to formally congratulate Roland Sommer for his knowledge, persistence, expertise, craftsmanship, and commitment to improving the design of the Concept Series DLG gliders. They are top notch in quality, and top notch in performance.

You are THE MAN Roland, congratulations again on the success of your CX2's. We look forward to hearing some of your stories about the effort you made to get planes to customers, and then to get yourself and teammates to the World Champs in Sweden... That is unless your fingers are too sticky to type on the keyboard

Cheers,

Mike Smith
FLY F3B is offline Find More Posts by FLY F3B