View Single Post
Old Jul 11, 2011, 03:51 PM
Find More Posts by wfvn
Joined May 2011
34 Posts
I recently mentioned I have a malfunctioning #11 V1 camera. I thought about buying a true actioncam but didn't after all. I ordered a jumbo #11, the Audi to be exact.

Unforunately the SD card wouldn't click in place, instead, it jumped out immediately. The case had no screws at all. But I managed to get it open a little without damaging the case.

With the Audi jumbo #11, you need to put some pressure on the chrome part (on top and below) just at the edge with the black part of the housing. Then you can pull back the chrome part from the black housing.

With a flash light I examined the housing on the inside and see how the housing is clicked together. I don't think it's easy to separate the 2 black parts of the case without damaging the housing. The simple trick to remove the chrome part, doesn't work with the black parts.

Fortunately you can reach the 'click'-part of the SD slot. With a needle I lifted the little strip on top of the slot. After that, de mechanism worked again. Don't know for sure if it was the little bit of lifting that did the trick but I didn't do anything else. And 'lifting' doesn't mean lift it a millimeter but much less; don't force it out of shape!
wfvn is offline Find More Posts by wfvn