Old Jul 11, 2011, 08:31 AM
Find More Posts by WickedFunRC
Utah USA
Joined Jun 2002
2,340 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Slammm View Post
Hi,

I'm probably the last one to recommend an electric motor so please look carefully. HK sure has a lot of stuff on back order.

http://www.hobbyking.com/UNITEDHOBBI...er_1000kv.html

I'm an old nitro flyer and stopped flying for about 10 years, about three years ago I got back but flying helies and I'm just getting started with electric planes.

I haven't put mine together yet but I'm going to use a EFlight 480 with an 11X3.6, 11X7 or 12X6 all SF props (just what I have at hand) Can tell you that mine will be fat, looks like it will be about 700g without the lipo. I have 1300 mA 120.8 g and 1550 mA 139g. So on the lite side about 820.8 g.I picked up the donkey motor for mine but it just didn't seem very heavily built.

From what I have found a 10X4.7 prop is not enough. Khen went to an 11X5.5 with good results. Looks like the one I found is recommending a 10X5 prop, that ought to show how much I know

Hope this helps.
I bet that 1000KV Turnigy motor could turn an 11x5.5 prop for 3D (mixed throttle). I definitly prefer the 11" prop over the 10" for the extra air flow over the control sufaces in low speed/stalled manuevers. I really like this plane.
WickedFunRC is offline Find More Posts by WickedFunRC
Site Sponsor
Latest blog entry: Latest Video's